2015.The year when people thought it was going to be their best in 2014.
2015 had its pros and its cons as well. For example,gay marriage had become legal in U.S,which was a big deal for them.
Donald Trump happened this year,and I have no idea why people hate Donald Trump so much.
Here were some of the incidents which will remind people how 2015 had been.
- There were a series of massacre in Baga,Nigeria and the surrounding areas by Boko Haram which killed almost 2,000 people.
- The United Nations Security Council had adopted Resolution 2199 to combat terrorism,which basically was a good move.
- A magnitude 7.8 earthquake stroked Nepal and caused 8,857 deaths in Nepal, 130 in India, 27 in China and 4 in Bangladesh with a total of 9,018 deaths on April 25th,2015.
- Again on May 12th,there was a second major earthquake in Nepal, measuring 7.3 on the moment magnitude scale, which had resulted in 153 deaths in Nepal,62 in India, 1 in China and 2 in Bangladesh with a total of 218 deaths.
- Ireland had voted to legalize same-sex marriage, becoming the first country to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote.
- On September 24th, there was a stampede during the Hajj pilgrimage in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, which had killed at least 2,200 people and injured more than 900 others, with more than 650 missing.
- NASA announced that liquid water has been found on Mars.
- Russia begins air struck against ISIL and anti-government forces in Syria in support of the Syrian government.
- There were seven coordinated terror attacks in Paris carried out by militants, killing at least 130 people.The first attacks were launched virtually simultaneously, with two explosions close to the Stade de France at just after 9.20pm local time, four miles apart.
There were really great people who sadly will not be coming with us in 2016,they were,
- Udo Lattek,one of the most successful coaches of Bayern Munich had died due to Parkinson’s.
- Great actor,Van Dick Patten was also dead,who had appeared in numerous movies.
- Footballer Josef Masopust was also dead,he was a gifted footballer who scored in the World Cup final and whose sportsmanship saw him described as ‘The Knight’.Immensely skillful, beautifully balanced and incisively intelligent, the Dukla play-maker was prodigiously industrious in his box-to-box role, and although he was no bruiser, he was adept at breaking up opposition attacks with crisply-timed tackles and shrewd interceptions.
- Yoichiro Nambu,a Japanese-born American physicist was awarded one-half of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physics, “for the discovery of the mechanism of spontaneous broken symmetry in subatomic physics.”
- Alex Rocco, was an American actor who had died due to cancer.He was immensely known for movies such as ‘The Godfather’ .The Godfather, turning casino mogul Moe Greene was one of the best-remembered characters in one of the greatest films ever made.
- Theodore Meir Bikel was an Australian-American jewish actor.Besides Star Trek, Bikel is probably best known for his Oscar-nominated performance as Sheriff Max Muller in the classic 1958 film, The Defiant Ones.Rare for a successful actor — Bikel was twice nominated for Tony Awards, in 1958 for “The Rope Dancers,” a domestic tragedy by Morton Wishengrad (1913-1962), and also for “The Sound of Music” was also dead.
- Yvonne Joyce Craig was an American ballet dancer and actress best known for her role as Batgirl in the 1960s television series Batman, and as the Orion slave girl Marta in the Star Trek episode “Whom Gods Destroy” had died by cancer.
- Jacob David Bekenstein was a famous physicist who was the first one to suggest that black holes should have a well-defined entropy. He wrote that a black hole’s entropy was proportional to its (the black hole’s) event horizon. Bekenstein also formulated the generalized second law of thermodynamics, black hole thermodynamics, for systems including black holes.(He is now somewhere near black hole,trying to find if it actually has hair or not!)
- Lynn Anderson was a multi-award-winning country singer who had died from a heart attack.Anderson was the first female country artist to win the American Music Award (in 1974), as well as the first to headline and sellout Madison Square Garden that same year.
- Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam,known as the ‘Missile Man of India’ for his work on the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology was also dead.Like everyone else,his death did affect a lot of us.
- Chandra Bahadur Dangi,the ‘Shortest Man Ever’ was also dead.
There were many beautiful babies who were welcomed amidst all the craziness.
- Princess Charlotte is the second child and first daughter of England’s Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Her name, which honors her paternal grandfather Prince Charles, her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, and her grandmother Princess Diana, was announced to the public one day after her birth.
- Saint West is the second child and the only son to singer Kanye West and KUWTK’s Kim Kardashian.
- Isaiah Fisher,a first born child of country singer Carrie Underwood and her husband, professional hockey player Mike Fisher.
- Silas Timberlake,The first child born to actress Jessica Biel and actor and singer Justin Timberlake, Silas Randall Timberlake made his debut in the spring of 2015.
- Shakira gave birth to little Sasha with her footballer beau Gerard Pique. She posted a photo of Sasha’s tiny feet (we can’t even deal with how cute it was) with the words: “I have Daddy’s feet, it looks like I’ve been playing football my whole life”.
- Vin Diesel simultaneously broke and melted our hearts when he named his new daughter Pauline after his late co-star and best friend, Paul Walker. “I named her Pauline. There’s no other person that I was thinking about as I was cutting the umbilical cord. I knew he was there,” he said.
- A representative for New Girl star Zooey Deschanel announced a double whammy of good news in August 2015, by confirming that not only had Deschanel welcomed a baby daughter, Elsie Otter Pechenikbut but also that she and her fiancé Jacob Pechenik had tied the knot, too. (YAY)
- Facebook billionaire Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, announced the birth of their first child Max.
- Mateo Messi was also welcomed into this world by Lionel Messi and Antonella Roccuzzo.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson became a dad for the second time when longtime girlfriend, Lauren Hashian, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl,Jasmine Johnson.
- Independence Day star Jeff Goldblum became a parent for the first time at age 62 when his 32-year-old wife, Emilie Livingston gave birth to their son,Charlie Ocean on the Independence Day,4th of July!
Many of you also know about the mixed-race beauty queen.Something which is rare.
In a move that delighted some, scandalized others but surprised most, a woman of mixed race — known as a “haafu”— was for the first time named Miss Japan. Ariana Miyamoto’s victory in March is a rarity in the ethnically homogenous country. Miyamoto, whose father is African-American and mother is Japanese, was born and raised primarily in Japan, where those of mixed race are few and far between, and those who are half black even rarer still. Critics questioned whether the beauty queen was “Japanese enough” to represent the country at the Miss Universe pageant, but Miyamoto shrugged them off, saying she wants to use her title to promote greater tolerance and acceptance for multiracial Japanese people.
These were some of the crazy things which proves that the world in 2015 was an insane and a magical year.
These were a few of the things which had happened in 2015. It is never going to come back,neither will 2014 or 2013 or even 1998,but we can always store all those amazing memories in our hearts.
Please don’t make weird resolutions or bucket-lists,and learn to do everything spontaneously. Honestly,they never work.
Live a beautiful life,go talk to someone you really love or someone with whom you haven’t been in touch since a really long time. Stop bickering and start a new life. Days and nights are going to remain the same,it’s us. We’re the one changing every minute.
At the end of the day,all of us are just humans trying to find a place in this world.
And I honestly hope,whoever is reading this,
YOU are beautiful and wonderful. YOU are kind and warm-hearted. YOU have an amazing life and all of us fall some days and we rise up to great heights few days. What YOU are right now,won’t matter ten years down the line. YOU have friends and people who care for you,love and respect them.Do not take them for granted because they’re not a mold clay which when disfigured can be shaped again. YOU are on your own and only YOU go with yourself tomorrow and the day after.It is YOU and only YOU yourself.